An OT 8, previously on staff, world famous in his own right, speaks up.
Phil Scott
2005-11-14 01:01:06 UTC
An OT 8, previously on staff, world famous in his own right,
speaks up.

FWD

Dear Scientologist,

I completed New OT8 in February 1990 after being in
Scientology since
1973. During that period I was mainly "public" but did several
years as
a staff member in Paris Org as Qual Sec. I trained up to be a
C/S, FPRD
and Confessional auditor and solo auditor. I was a Scientology
celebrity as an international fine artist, creating beautiful
paintings
of "visualized" music. Many Scientologists (thousands) knew me
personally from my art tours of orgs and missions in the early
1980s.
Samples of my art can be seen at
www.mpattinson.photosite.com

Though you may read about how and why I actually left
Scientology on
the internet (you would probably have to use a
non-Scientologist's
computer, however) and see the data at
www.lermanet.com/michaelpattinson, I wanted to address a
simple letter
of "Truth Revealed" to you here. After all, that is the very
name of
the OT8 level.

As I read the lists of many Scientology staff names and
addresses so
recently published on the world wide web (though I don't know
how that
came about) I was filled with compassion at the fact of your
commitment
and devotion to Scientology and its basic aims. I was also a
proud
trooper for decades and was utterly convinced that Scientology
was
really everything I read it was and heard it was. Peer
agreement (group
ARC) was also a strong re-enforcement of my convictions and my
unrelenting in-KSW attitude that I applied very well despite
it
sometimes coming back at me with counter-emotions and
counter-efforts.

Like you, I too have made things go right when things looked
very
bleak. I, too have spent a lot of money on services and
donations that
I really could not afford. I have done the "yo-yo" exercise
and stood
and applauded and cheered LRH's photo over and over again at
events.

Like you I have also held back the tears of protest and dismay
when
"handlings" went wrong or were off-target and waited endless
frustrating hours in waiting rooms for folders, C/s"s and D of
interviews. I have, maybe like yourself, had serious doubts as
to the
unexplainable mysterious "outnesses" in the Scientology lines
and
terminals that seemed to be so quickly smothered, hurried away
or
blanket-defined as "entheta". I quietly "wondered" (but better
not say
anything) at seeing the sudden painful hostilities towards and
upsetting disappearances of staff members, the sadness of the
RPFers or
the black hole money pit my money got sucked into so fast.

I have also had the personal wins from auditing, feelings of
group ARC
in the briefings and in courses in LRH tech, admin and ethics
training,
though in retrospect I could wish that they had been as
permanent as my
payments were to purchase them. I have also seen the F/Ns and
the VGIs
from my pc's and (in cramming) auditors from applying tech.
Without
those wins along the way I would never have made it all way up
the
Bridge to New OT8, as you know. Going OT is an uphill battle
all the
way.

I have been in your position when my own ethics handlings went
both
well or badly, when conditions were applied both to eventual
wins and
to the strained "E.P" of satisfying the fixed ideas of tech
or ethics
terminals who were aiming at a specific result I had to
attain. I have
done conditions formulas till they were coming out of my ears,
and tons
and tons of other ethics, tech and admin applications. I
personally
knew the Flag Class 12 auditors from the Apollo as I trained
with them
at Flag, I have known the Int Execs since they were teenagers,
I have
personally known all LRH's children. I have known and
frequented many
of the Scientology celebrities too.

I WENT ALL THE WAY UP THE BRIDGE (there is no available level
above
New OT8).

What happened then is why I am writing this letter. I wish it
was not
necessary to write this but it is. I firmly believe that Truth
is a
friend to, and that lies are an enemy of survival. Yes, feel
free to
investigate what I write about here...

It is truly heartbreaking for me to have to inform you that
you have
been lied to, and not just in a small way. I am so, so sorry
to have to
tell you this, but please bear with me.

You have been lied to regarding the "Bridge to Total Freedom"
as it
does not arrive at Total Freedom. I know this because I have
been there
and experienced it. OT8 is NOT Total Freedom, yet there is no
more
Bridge to travel.

You may have wondered why OTs still behave in "strange" or
weird ways
and still exhibit aberrated behaviors. They are on the big
secret
missed withhold of not having received what LRH promised.
Every non-OT
"misses" the withhold.

You have been lied to about O.T.powers. I will not go into any
case
data or OT level data as it is not necessary, but I can tell
you that
the advertised and promised O.T powers LRH writes about such
as
telekinesis (moving objects as a thetan), perfect total
recall, "clear"
of any and all aberrations, permanently Cause over Life,
real-life
Cause over MEST, etc are NOT in reality delivered by
Scientology (in my
direct experience and in that of many others).

You have been lied to about LRH's death, and the lies were
criminally
false. The "story" about LRH deciding to causatively but
regrettably
depart his body, go off to research further OT levels, etc.
was very
likely a pack of lies. The coroner's report found a
psychiatric drug
(Vistaril") in LRH's body after death as well as many needle
marks. The
surrounding circumstances of LRH's death such as a very
unkempt body,
changing his Will a day before he died, the hurried cremation,
the
refusal of autopsy, all make for a very suspicious situation.
LRH had
been hiding out at the Creston ranch under the false name
"Jack
Mitchell" so as not to be served with lawsuits, as those who
knew have
revealed.

You have been lied to about LRH's biography, and in many
aspects of it,
not just a few.

Though this may seem to be shocking enough or upsetting
already there
are many other big and awful lies you have been told and false
data you
have been fed. In fact enough false data to fill books which
expose and
clarify them. Such books as "A Piece of Blue Sky" by Jon
Atack, Bare
Faced Messiah by Bent Corydon and L.Ron Hubbard Jr., L.Ron
Hubbard:Messiah or Madman?" are full of truths revealed and
internal
Scientology mysteries unfurled.

The internet is a source for you to explore the truths that
hundreds of
former Scientologists, some from Int Exec strata, have written
and
revealed.

Truth, being made of pure Life itself can never be "entheta".
It is
pure theta, even if shocking in its first impact ;like the
sunshine
that dazzles the eyes of someone emerging from a deep and dark
cavern,
having followed a closely taped path to nowhere but blind
obedience.

But why, you may ask, not let us down slowly? Well, we who
"found out"
were not let down slowly and we survived the truth and its
powerful
re-orientations. So can you.

I invite you to explore the internet and finding your own
freeing
truths. I ask that you open your eyes and see for yourself. I
invite
you to see both sides of the Scientology coin.

For example;
www.lemanet.com
www.xenu.net
and other linked sites.

BEWARE of those who say "Do NOT look!" or try to label the
truth or me,
or other brave ex-members who have the integrity to seak out
despite
personal dangers as "entheta" or SP's. To my knowledge I have
NOT been
declared SP, and have even asked Scientolgy terminals if there
was such
a "declare" on several occasions to no avail, so I would
welcome you to
be in communication with me.

I am proud to have been a companion of many, many
Scientologists along
the way and I am equally proud of those who have had the guts
to speak
out publicly. I regret the lies we were told and the fraud
that took
advantage of our trusting good nature. I believe they must be
fully
exposed and dealt with appropriately.

In closing, I salute your positive goals, your will to
survive, your
bravery in facing new viewpoints and especially the divine
spirit
within you that is immortal, beautiful and full of the Light
that
shines as bright as the Sun. This inner Light is your real
Source.

Michael Pattinson

mpattinson AT gmail DOT com

****

An was an OT 8, previously on staff, world famous in his own
right, speaking up. Those still on Hubbards fraudulent pier
to insanity would do well to read other sources. Lately
Muldoon posting this news group is providing some world class
insight on how this disaster was structured.

www.lermanet.com

www.torymagoo.org

Phil Scott
Muldoon
Thank you for posting the Michael Pattinson statement on ACT.
Curtis
2005-11-16 03:02:09 UTC
From Hco Policy Letter of 7 Feb. 1965
"We're not playing some minor game in Scientology. It isn't cute or
something to do for lack of something better.

The whole agonized future of this planet, every man, woman and child on
it, and your own destiny for the next endless trillions of years depend
on what you do here and now with and in Scientology.

This is a deadly serious activity. And if we miss getting out of the
trap now, we may never again have another chance.

Remember, this is our first chance to do so in all the endless
trillions of years of the past. Don't muff it now because it seems
unpleasant or unsocial to do Seven, Eight, Nine and Ten."

LRH

--------------------------------

I guess in 1965 Hubbard had the correct technology for that time.

In later years he came up with the Handle With Auditing HCOB which
basically said, keep on going, you'll get there one day and your
abberations will be handled.

Then there is the "Failed" Cases HCOB which says there are no dog
cases, no "ncgs", no failed cases.

-------------------------

Geeze the "guy" made it to New OT 8, a lot further than I did.

Are gays not supposed to go OT?
Michael
2005-11-16 10:55:54 UTC
My God!!
I got exhausted just reading that article, what some people will put
themselves through just to find out you already are that!
I reckon Ron Hubbard was an extremely clever man, he knew exactly how the
Western mind works, give me more, and more and more, so Ron gave them more
and more and they lapped it up.
Ron knew the one thing about the mind that all successful Gurus know and
that is whatever you feed them they will believe and so it goes.
Ron also knew how to provide a good game, just look at it, Scientology,
arguing, fighting, death, madness, what a game.
He also gave getout points on his bridge, at OT3 any sensible person would
have said "What a load of crap" and got out back to living their own lives.
By the way I am not a meat body, I know what I am, I am nothing, just like
you, that which observes all this wonderful game, in the end none of matters
or is important, you are already that, that which exists outside of time and
LRH told you that also, so whats to do.
Best
Mike
Phil Scott
Muldoon
2005-11-16 13:45:37 UTC
Post by Michael
My God!!
-snip for emphasis-
Post by Michael
Ron knew the one thing about the mind that all successful Gurus know and
that is whatever you feed them they will believe and so it goes.
Ron also knew how to provide a good game, just look at it, Scientology,
arguing, fighting, death, madness, what a game.
He also gave getout points on his bridge, at OT3 any sensible person would
have said "What a load of crap" and got out back to living their own lives.
By the way I am not a meat body, I know what I am, I am nothing, just like
you, that which observes all this wonderful game, in the end none of matters
or is important, you are already that, that which exists outside of time and
LRH told you that also, so whats to do.
Best
Mike
"He also gave them getout points on his bridge, at OT3 any sensible
person would have said "What a load of crap..."

Except that the load of crap called OT3 is used as a "get-in point," or
a "get-stuck-in-point."

It's - as Hubbard would say - "slid in" on a person. And most people
have a lot of themselves invested in Scientology by the time it is
"slid in."

And once a person _accepts_ OT3, as actual, he's "hooked." Even people
who leave the organization sometimes remain so.

OT 3 supposedly reveals: 1) the "secret of this sector of the
universe," which "made everyone completely overwhelmed," 2) RON as the
"ultimate hero for saving us all."

The e-meter (which measures emotional reaction, not truth) is used to
"confirm" it.

Once OT3 becomes a Hubbardian "fact" for a Scientologist, he "knows"
that he has an "un-payable debt" to L. Ron Hubbard; he "knows" that
there are things in his mind that he "could never confront on his own"
- things which were extremely "mysterious and dangerous, if not for
Ron," etc.

And, after "doing OT3," he becomes part of an "elite." His "initiation"
has occurred. He now is - he thinks - one of the special few who "know
the secret."

And the Hubbardian "spiritual glue-trap" has got him, and is he ever
grateful!
Phil Scott
Michael
2005-11-16 14:41:36 UTC
Hi
I do honestly know that we are more than a body, that is my truth, what I
cannot understand is all this delving into past lives, implants and so on,
what I am aware of is that the real Self which is all of us sits above time
or beyond time and observes all this creation, what we are is pure presence,
eternal, time is an illusion as is the physical universe, all anyone has to
do is stand back, observe their thoughts, emotions and whatever and ask "Who
or What is it that is looking or experiencing this and that is it.
As I sit here now are there past lives, implants, the answer is No, there is
life all around, but everyone thinks there is more and there aint no more.

If anyone looks at a list of all the casualtys of Rons Bridge does it not
become completely obvious that it does not work, the article put on by Phil
is a classic example.
I have known quite a few OT3s and OT 7s and I can tell you where they are
right now, getting on with their lives and forgetting all that nonsense.
There are no OT powers.
Best
Mike
Post by Muldoon
Post by Michael
My God!!
-snip for emphasis-
Phil Scott
Rogers. D.Scn.
2005-11-16 15:02:06 UTC
Hi Michael, you sure are quick.
Post by Michael
If anyone looks at a list of all the casualtys of Rons Bridge does it not
become completely obvious that it does not work, the article put on by Phil
is a classic example.
I killfiled Phil Scott some years ago, I deemed him a classic no-case-gain
suppressive person who was wasting airspace.
Post by Michael
I have known quite a few OT3s and OT 7s and I can tell you where they are
right now, getting on with their lives and forgetting all that nonsense.
There are no OT powers.
Since sometime in the eighties (I gather) most of the so-called OT3s and
OT7s haven't even done Power or the Clearing Course. I'm not sure what can
be expected from them. My expectations would be along the lines that,
failing to do the full and proper Bridge, they would be lacking in both
Power and Clarity.

What hope for OT?

Les.
t***@hotmail.com
2005-11-16 15:55:50 UTC
Post by Muldoon
The e-meter (which measures emotional reaction, not truth) is used to
"confirm" it.
The e-meter measures resistance, period.

Resistance is both desirable and undesirable depending on the situation
at hand and desired outcome.

The larger the meter read the less the pc's resistance on the subjects
under question or discussion.

You can extrapolate all the good and bad ramifications from the above.

Ted
Muldoon
2005-11-16 16:13:58 UTC
Post by t***@hotmail.com
Post by Muldoon
The e-meter (which measures emotional reaction, not truth) is used to
"confirm" it.
The e-meter measures resistance, period.
Resistance is both desirable and undesirable depending on the situation
at hand and desired outcome.
The larger the meter read the less the pc's resistance on the subjects
under question or discussion.
You can extrapolate all the good and bad ramifications from the above.
--
Ted
Indeed.

And one ramification is that the e-meter can be used to manipulate or
mislead a person - especially when used in a manipulative environment,
or in the framework of a manipulative system.

IMHO, excessive use of e-meters to discover "truth" does not make a
person saner or wiser.
Michael
2005-11-16 16:19:22 UTC
Hi
When I trained to become a Course Supervisor many moons ago the person who
trained me always kept an emeter on his desk in the course room so I did the
same.
I would sit at the desk and just look at the students in the room and spot
anyone who was not quite with it.
I am not talking about someone who was having trouble with their study work
right then, I would bring them up put them on the meter and ask them the
correct question such as Recently have you gone past a word you have not
understood and it's modifications, it was absolutely amazing, with one eye
on the meter and one eye on the student and a third eye on the students
behind (you need to be adaptable in Scientology, and that is not counting
the eyes in the back of my head either.) I would watch that needle deflect
and the person look into their mind, everytime I asked the question the same
deflection occurred and I would guide the person by saying THAT! or THERE!,
after a few minutes the person would break through the barrier of blankness
and God Almighty if they didn't come alive and straight into PT when they
found it.
It also brought everyone else in the room alive too.
These misunderstood words found in this way were often while the person was
in another country or city in conversation with someone or while watching
TV.

You would have a damned hard time finding those MUs without an emeter, some
word they had gone past weeks before while watching TV.

I have not used an emeter much in Auditing, but I know it works in finding
MUs.

Best
Mike
Ted
Muldoon
2005-11-16 16:32:25 UTC
Post by Michael
[...]
E-meters can be impressive in the way you describe.

And other areas of Scientology can too.

The problem is not with the positive or beneficial uses of meters, but
with the harmful uses.

The pattern, per Hubbard, is to start out positively, gain confidence,
then twist, or "curve' into a nice sticky trap.

Happy you didn't get stuck.
Ted
Rogers. D.Scn.
2005-11-16 13:55:05 UTC
Post by Michael
By the way I am not a meat body, I know what I am, I am nothing, just like
you, that which observes all this wonderful game, in the end none of matters
or is important, you are already that, that which exists outside of time and
LRH told you that also, so whats to do.
Well, Michael, you have a right to be nothing and a right to withdraw from
the game.

Just want to point out that if you don't fully withdraw from the game, you
know, insist on occupying a playing piece and taking up space on the playing
field, you will annoy people as you get in the way.

I don't think their annoyance will be abated by your insistence "nothing
matters or is important."

Les.
Michael
2005-11-16 14:14:46 UTC
Dear Les
You are correct, I have had enough of this game, I am looking forward to
eternal peace?, I will see you in a few trillion years (if not before) and
we can write the same message again.
You know something Les, seriously, I think I have reached the end of my
Spiritual journey, I have never found anything this lifetime except those
times I am at peace that really mean anything to me, money, sex, land,
foever chasing after something why? its a complete mystery to me why someone
with plenty of money, land etc. has to go on aquiring more and more.
I was an avid spiritual seeker, very active in aquiring knowledge, running
past lives etc, I woke up one day and it all dissolved, all my belief
systems, everything! and all that was left was "I AM" , don't ask me what
happened, it just happened.
Best
Mike
Les.
Rogers. D.Scn.
2005-11-16 14:45:28 UTC
Hi Michael,

Appreciated your response. Just a couple more cents from my own
perspective. May or may not be relevant to you.
Post by Michael
I was an avid spiritual seeker, very active in aquiring knowledge, running
past lives etc, I woke up one day and it all dissolved, all my belief
systems, everything! and all that was left was "I AM" , don't ask me what
happened, it just happened.
That's excellent! Near or at the top of the Chart of Attitudes as best I
recall.

Again, just my thoughts... But it seems to me that "I AM" might very likely
best be followed by a "So, who and what else IS?"

Or, perhaps a better question, "What is the state of isness of other beings
and things in this universe?"

I'm not trying to suggest that you "have to" play or have to participate any
further, but hey, as long as you have a playing piece and are still around,
why not mockup another game?

A very good game, very good games (plural) - beneficial - could be made out
of any of the dynamics from 2 to 7. That's ANY of the dynamics from 2 to 7.
I for one (just as LRH said once) would not propose that everybody has to
become a professional auditor. Indeed, as LRH also suggested once, a very
good game can be made out of the 6th Dynamic (MEST) and, adding on an
insight garnered from CBR, I'd say that enhancing MEST is a game with zero
liability. That could go from gardening or landscaping into ART itself.
(Many arts involving some sort of enhanced mest anway.)

Les.
Michael
2005-11-16 15:14:11 UTC
Hi Again Les
Thanks for that, message, actually that has what has happened to me, I am
now interested in all those things I never got round to when I was younger,
photography, gardening, doing the house up also helping my daughters and
Grandchildren.

What I have been doing over the last 18 months since many of my belief
systems dropped out (I still believe in gravity by the way) is finding my
own truths not what other people give me or insist I have.
Here are a couple of my truths.
1. Do I exist! YES
2.When in doubt communicate, every time I do my awareness increases. that is
a truth.

As I see it, somehow or other we are trapped within an illusion, Time as LRH
said is the single most abberative factor.
What this is all about is helping each other out of the trap.

Maybe we have different paths to achieve this, before I thought the answer
lay in time, for me now, I can no longer see that, everytime I try to do a
process or procedure I sort of look at it and it just seems that there is no
point in going into the past to try and better self, it is hard to explain
but that is what happens, my life is around me now! why go into the past.
In fact Ron wrote this in Dianetics 55, something like, which is the best
process, "Recall a time when........?" or "Touch that chair" at the time I
couldn't understand how touch the chair was the better process I was so
focused on past lives, I do understand it now.
Best
Mike
Les.
Rogers. D.Scn.
2005-11-17 15:40:46 UTC
Hi Michael,
Post by Michael
Thanks for that, message, actually that has what has happened to me, I am
now interested in all those things I never got round to when I was younger,
photography, gardening, doing the house up also helping my daughters and
Grandchildren.
Cool!
Post by Michael
What I have been doing over the last 18 months since many of my belief
systems dropped out (I still believe in gravity by the way) is finding my
own truths not what other people give me or insist I have.
Michael, I'm glad you still believe in gravity (ha ha ha).

Off-topic here, but you reminded me... Been adhering to some exercise
principles by Pavel (dragondoor.com) and one of the principles is along the
lines, say you are pressing a weight above your chest or head, well, his
admonition is along the lines, "PULL it back down." Well, there's a
physiological explanation provided and all that, but me, I couldn't help
being amused by how that inclines toward taking responsibility for gravity.

I enjoyed the rest of your post, but snipped it in the interest of brevity
(trust you understand).

Les.
Michael
2005-11-16 20:00:29 UTC
Hi Les
Thanks for indicating the Chart of Attitudes must be 20 years since I last
looked at it, have found some useful data there.

To be honest I do not know why I am on this newsgroup, I am looking for
something, I don't know quite what it is but pointers are showing up in
various messages I am reading.
It is no good anyone saying to me, run Self Analysis, or get auditing or
whatever, it won't work, in the few sessions I have had I get the answers
instantly, by the time the Auditor asks the second question I am out of it,
on a number of occaisions I have just grabbed the pen and paper from the
Auditor and thrown them back into an earlier universe or whatever now that
is interesting and you can do a "Vulcan mindmeld" and see what the PC is
seeing (Great fun).
I would rather dig the garden or build a model plane than sit there running
mind pictures.

The top of the Chart is very familiar to me, I am not saying I am fully at
the top with nothing else to do definitely not, but down through the course
of my life I have constantly flipped to this other state and that is why I
have always been so interested in Spiritual matters.
Its very interesting, in my "normal state" I will worry about all sorts of
things, death and so on, when I flip to this other state there is no death,
a question such as "What happens when I die?" which seems important to the
mind does not even exist, in fact there are no questions, here is life, what
more is there.
I call it a curse, some people have said I am lucky to have such
experiences, what I say is just try living your life in that state, which I
have done, you pull in that much crap against yourself its unbelievable.
Best
Mike
Les.
Rogers. D.Scn.
2005-11-17 15:52:32 UTC
Post by Michael
It is no good anyone saying to me, run Self Analysis, or get auditing or
whatever, it won't work, in the few sessions I have had I get the answers
instantly, by the time the Auditor asks the second question I am out of
it...
Hmmm. From other comments, and considering your level of awareness, it
seems you have had some sort of spiritual releases in the past.

If you will excuse this evaluative tone (and this may only be true for ME
and not you), I daresay "auditing" won't "bite" until you have rehabbed
and/or thrown light on your prior enlightenment. (Funny thought, eh? "throw
light on enlightenment?")

As I inferred, that WAS true for me. Made me - functionally - a dog pc,
somewhat disinterested in many auditing topics.

Les.
Michael
2005-11-18 12:34:14 UTC
Hi Les
Thanks for the communication, I'm Fine, everything is ok.
William Blake says it better than I can:

To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower, Hold
Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour.

Have fun

Best

Mike
Les.
Bill Cassady
2005-11-16 19:28:45 UTC
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 17:01:06 -0800
Newsgroups: alt.clearing.technology
Subject: An OT 8, previously on staff, world famous in his own right,
speaks up.
An OT 8, previously on staff, world famous in his own right,
speaks up.
FWD
Dear Scientologist,
.....(snip)
[...]
Critias, 460-403 BC, uncle of Plato, and bloodiest of tyrants, left the
following fragment, explaining that religion was invented to cow the
masses into obedience through fear:

Then came, it seems, that wise and cunning man,
The first inventor of the fear of god...
He framed a tale, a most alluring doctrine,
Concealing truth by veils of lying lore.
He told of the abode of awful gods,
Up in revolving vaults, whence thunder roars
And lightning's fearful flashes blind the eye...
He thus encircled men by bonds of fear,
Surrounding them by gods in fair abodes,
He charmed them by his spells, and daunted them--
And lawlessness turned into law and order.

It would be a mistake to neglect the classics. LRH certainly did not.
Much of his intention may be questioned, not only from the above fragment,
but from Plato's "Laws," where an observant reader may find a good deal
of LRH policy in outline...

-Bill Cassady

***@sdf.lonestar.org